Colored Petri nets and CPN Tools
- W.M.P. van der Aalst and C. Stahl. Modeling Business Processes — A Petri Net-Oriented Approach. The MIT Press, 2011.
- K. Jensen and L.M. Kristensen. Coloured Petri Nets — Modeling and Validation of Concurrent Systems. Springer-Verlag Berlin, 2009.
- M. Westergaard and L.M. Kristensen. The Access/CPN Framework: A Tool for Interacting with the CPN Tools Simulator. Proc. of 30th International Conference on Applications and Theory of Petri Nets (Petri Nets 2009). Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5606, pp. 313-322, Springer-Verlag Berlin, 2009.
- K. Jensen, L.M. Kristensen, and L. Wells. Coloured Petri Nets and CPN Tools for Modelling and Validation of Concurrent Systems. International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT)9(3-4), pp. 213-254, 2007.
- A.V. Ratzer, L. Wells, H.M. Lassen, M. Laursen, J.F. Qvortrup, M.S. Stissing, M. Westergaard, S. Christensen, and K. Jensen. CPN Tools for Editing, Simulating, and Analysing Coloured Petri Nets. Proc. of 24th International Conference on Applications and Theory of Petri Nets (Petri Nets 2003). Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2679, pp. 450-462, Springer-Verlag Berlin, 2003.
CPN Tools uses the CPN ML language to specify declarations and net inscriptions. This language is an extension of the functional programming language Standard ML, developed at Edinburgh University.
Help page on using CPN ML and Standard ML in CPN Tools
Standard ML bibliography
- R. Milner, M. Tofte, R. Harper, and D. MacQueen. The definition of Standard ML. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1997.
- J.D. Ullman. Elements of ML Programming, ML97 Edition. 2nd ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1998
- L.C. Paulson. ML for the Working Programmer. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2010.
There are also online references for Standard ML:
- Programming in Standard ML by Robert Harper
- The Standard ML Basis Library (excellent manual)
- Standard ML of New Jersey (SML/NJ is used by CPN Tools)
- Notes on Programming SML/NJ by Riccardo Pucella
- SML’97 Conversion guide
- Standard ML
- Syntax of Standard ML
- comp.lang.ML FAQ
- Yahoo (link collection)
The Peti nets world provides much material around theory and application of Petri nets and related topics.
You must be logged in to post a comment.